Friday, August 03, 2007

Moving (finally)




Saturday 8/4 finally brings the flight to Maple Valley. Laurie, Cambria, Avery, me and Laurie's Mom Linda are taking off from Dulles Airport at 4:30 PM and arriving in Seattle near 9 PM PST.

We have been giving 150% for weeks, months, years and now we are finally making the transition out to the Pacific Northwest. Today, I had mixed feelings regarding the change. On the one hand, I definitely will miss my extended family and the opportunities to see friends without any major flight plans. I honestly have no idea just how much the change will impact me but that is a risk that I was willing to take when I decided to ask God to "send me wherever he wanted to send me."

On the other hand, I cannot wait to start at Maple Valley Presbyterian Church. The excitement has been brewing for months and today I feel like it has gone to the next level. I am excited about starting fresh with my family in a new place. I am excited about what God has called me to at MVPC. I am excited about encouraging, leading and equipping small group leaders. I am excited about following Christ along with Laurie in a new place.

I am moving (finally)...

See you on the other side of the U.S.

No comments: