Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Beyond Comprehension


Today, 7 men from Maple Valley Presbyterian Church showed up at my new home to help with numerous projects. In addition, a person coordinated the donation of some appliances that arrived earlier in the week. I witnessed some of the greatest serving hearts today. The group took on project after project without any questions or concerns. They were there to help and they wouldn't take no for answer. One member stayed with one project for over an hour even though he should have given up after 10 minutes. One helper put so much effort into the work that he split his jeans!!!

I am in awe of God's grace in my life and I saw it manifested in the form of new friends today. In many ways, I realized just how selfish I am with my time and how I need to answer the call of obedience in my life when others need help.

I was humbled today by the help of some faithful followers of Christ.
I was freshed today by the some faithful followers of Christ.
I was definitely helped by some faithful followers of Christ.

Now it is my turn to be faithful with what God has given me to do...

When was the last time you experienced God's grace in a manner that was beyond comprehension?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all I can say is - WOW! You know you are loved & they've been chomping at the bit for you to arrive, eh?!

I've got a little story of answered prayer today, nothing spectacular, but a little reminder...

Unknown said...

It's great to hear that y'all arrived safe and sound in the Northwest. (I'm jealous for your summer weather right about now. You can return the favor in a couple of months, though.)

One of the greatest things the church can do is really be the body of Christ in their community. When it functions together to help out someone in need - whether it is a pastor or a stranger - we share Christ's love in a way that surpasses our words.

Glad to hear your joy. I've got a smile from ear-to-ear because the Yankees finally remembered that they're good.