Monday, August 13, 2007

First Day...


In many ways, I feel like it is the night before my first day of school. I haven't felt like this in years. I didn't really get this type of feeling before I started at Princeton Seminary but I have "that" feeling tonight.

I start at Maple Valley Presbyterian Church tomorrow morning and I have a mixed feeling of being nervous and ready to go all at the same time. I helped lead in worship this morning and my family was introduced to the congregation. I really have no idea what it will feel like tomorrow. I have a set of initial tasks to complete right away but most of my day will be spent making phone calls and initial connections.

Let's see what happens... here comes the next chapter, stay tuned for some details.

7 comments:

wes said...

Glad to see you got a good nights rest before your first day of work :-) 2am posting?

As my "first day" approaches soon, I am wondering what will fill a full day.

Unknown said...

Drink from the fire hose baby! By now, you're probably just rolling in. The only thing I can say to you is - GET THEM TO GET YOU ON THEIR WEBSITE... speaking of their website - professional help baby...

Unknown said...

wus - he's on the west coast! That would be 11pm for him.

jlee said...

I like how you picked up time change. I didn't think that I was up at 2 AM but things have been so hectic that I wouldn't be surprised if I lost track of time...

Of course, you may never see this comment because blogging doesn't lend itself to ongoing conversation.

wes said...

There is a time zone other than Eastern?

Unknown said...

And there are NCAA conferences other than ACC, imagine that!

Anonymous said...

There is one time zone - PST
One Conference - Pac-10
One bowl game - Rose
One NFL Team - Seahawks
One MLB Team - Mariners

Man I love being back to being unabashedly Northwest! I am no longer part of the fringe hippie freak group so easily marginalized by our nalgenes, fleece and subarus
Thanks be to God
I miss you guys,
David