Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Two choices


I am not a Rockies fan and this entry has nothing to do with baseball. The only baseball reference is to the manager of the Rockies who said yesterday that "in life, you are either humbled or you will be humbled."

I learned that lesson today.

I did not feel prideful after my sermon on Sunday but I did feel like I was feeling more at home at MVPC. Today, I had a difficult time pulling together the materials for my inductive Bible study class and I ended up tanking the class. I attempted to make copies of my materials and I created an insurmountable challenge (organizing and punching holes in 390483049830483048 pieces of paper). I barely had everything ready for the class and I was very flustered for most of the class.

The class participants (~40) followed my teaching for the most part and participated in all of the activities. I did not feel like I gave my best and I owe them more than I provided tonight.

Clint Hurdle, the Rockies manager, said it best, "You are humbled or you will be humbled soon."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the rocky road of ministry...

hang in there.