Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lost in Music


I am posting twice in a day because I feel like it. :)

I am experiencing something that I haven't experienced in a long time. I am sitting down and getting lost in music. I have had an intense week and I am taking a break to do something that I enjoy. Years ago, a close friend asked me what I enjoyed doing the most. In other words, if I had free time, then how I would use it for enjoyment. I answered that I would turn up the music loud and get lost in a song (or two or 10 or more).

I don't know how or why I became "that guy" who stopped listening to music after I had kids but I have become that person. Every once and awhile though, I have a moment of rediscovery and I am moved almost to tears when I consider how much music can take me beyond myself. Of course, songs that help me focus on Jesus Christ, my wife, and the greater things of life are the ones that move me most.

I miss what I am experiencing what I am breathing in right now. Music...

No comments: