Thursday, January 31, 2008

Anyone Out There?


Laurie is out of town in Florida visiting her friends from our time in Princeton. In the past, I have relished the opportunity to step up in order to take care of my two daughters. I was in that same position until something went terribly wrong this morning.

Avery climbed into my bed and was talking my ear off at 5:45 AM or so. She then vomited all over the place before I realized what was happening. Hours later, we were running an errand when she decided to provide a follow-up vomit explosion. Once again (10 minutes ago), she brought her very best again all over my couch.

The odd thing is that she seems to feel completely normal besides the random spouts (literally) of sickness.

I am doing well in spite of the insanity but I am realizing once again just how much Laurie takes on every day as a full-time parent.

I would have written something more theologically sophisticated if I had some brain power remaining but I am definitely in survival mode right now.

I am blogging on my church's new website (http://www.mvpc.net) so that is competing for posts at this point.

3 comments:

corey said...

so sorry to hear about Avery - praying she is better quickly

btw, any way to make your mvpc blog syndicatable (RSS/Atom feed)?

Unknown said...

Whoa...

Unknown said...

Doesn't sound like fun at all. I hope you've got a little help out there.

Your church web site looks great. I don't quite get the difference between contemporary and modern worship, but hey, at least you're doing it. We're still trying to sneak some into our sanctuary sometime.

One of these days, we're going to make our church web site worthwhile.

You're in my prayers.