Tuesday, January 15, 2008

GTW


Years ago, my friends and I would talk about the "GTW" mindset where GTW stood for "Guaranteed To Win." In short, it became a life philosophy that was marked by an expectation for success in any and all situations.

Years later, I thought about the same three letters but this time they led me to "Get To Work." I am in that mindset right now. I have been observing great things at Maple Valley Presbyterian for the first 5 months of my time on staff. I have a lot of work to accomplish. I spent this morning in prayer over my areas of care and responsibility and I experienced a fresh vision of what I need to be doing.

Today, our staff took a day to be together in the mountains. We went snowshoeing for the afternoon in the pouring rain and I had the chance to grow closer to some special teammates at my church. There are many good challenges ahead and I am ready to bring the GTW philosophy and work ethic back to the table.

GTW

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome...

I've got some things I want to say about that post that I'm not going to post online. Suffice to say, I'm very happy for you on that - sounds great!

AWJacks said...

Care to elaborate a bit more on this "Get to Work" philosophy? What does it mean to you when practically applied?