Saturday, December 01, 2007

Building confidence


I finally put together our foosball table after months of having it sit (in pieces) in my garage. Laurie's parents gave us their foosball table and I have been lazy.

Cambria loves playing foosball and she wants to play 3049830489083509 times per day. The game can be dangerous for her because the handles of the table are at her head level. Every time I move the players, I have to make sure that I do not hit her face.

In spite of that challenge, I am enjoying playing with her more every time because I am seeing her confidence grow. She is learning how to hit the ball and stop the ball so that she can control the game. She is far from being a real player but I can see how each small action builds her confidence in playing.

I am avid foosball player. I have many many many memories of playing at church during middle school and high school and at camps throughout that time. I am looking forward to the day that Cambria can provide some real competition and we start keeping a family scoreboard!

Until then, anyone want to come over to play some foosball?

1 comment:

AWJacks said...

I'm thinking about a trip over there in the spring Jeff. And then it's ON! Hope you're well.