Monday, September 24, 2007

Nasty Celebration


Today was the final day in my long march through the Presbyterian ordination process. I was officially installed as an associate pastor at Maple Valley Presbyterian Church today and I am finished with filling out endless forms and attending endless meetings.

I will be the first to admit that I grew significantly through the process and I am a stronger pastor due to my intentional (required) times of reflection and examination. I was reminded from my reading of Chrysostom's "Six Books on the Priesthood" of just how serious my calling is into full-time church ministry. By God's grace, I am to play the role of leading God's people in their mission in the world.

With all that said, my family decided to celebrate by going to a Chinese restaurant tonight. I haven't found a good Chinese restaurant here in Maple Valley or the surrounding area yet. I have been blessed with some of the best places and my Dad has helped me discern between good restaurants and others. Tonight, we went to a place that was nasty. I can't think of any other word to describe the food.

I cannot remember a time that I have been that disappointed with a Chinese meal.

I miss NY City (China Town).
I miss the Jade Isle (childhood Chinese restaurant in NJ)
I miss the Silver Maple (parents' choice in NH)

I miss real Chinese food!

Anyone have any suggestions for the Seattle area? I need help!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

never too busy to prime the pump, are you?

feed me Jeffrey, feed me!

David Hallgren said...

Come on up to Seattle and we will go to the international district. There are some great little restaurants, even ones with chickens hanging in the window! It's the best Chinese food I have ever had and cheap. I was so happy to leave NJ and get back to Seattle for Chinese food, Thai, Mexican, Indian....um, now I am hungry.