Thursday, September 30, 2010

Proper Confidence - Convictions

This video challenged me to change my blog description.  The description used to have something along the lines of "these are my thoughts and they are not in final form (whatever that is?)"  

I do have thoughts.  I do have convictions.  I seek to have humble convictions that are based on a proper confidence in God and my life story's intersection with God's story.

I share on this blog (when I get to it) my very real "thoughts as I go".  I do not want to hide behind a false humility that purports to know nothing because nobody can know anything.  I know that my thoughts will always be open to reshaping but I would be remiss to not share confidently in the moment "as I go."

Those are my thoughts...

Check out the video below to see what caught my attention last night...




Typography from Ronnie Bruce on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Nate said...

I think I'm on the verge of weeping! That was amazing in its simple wisdom. It actually reminds me of a conversation I had with someone once. The word zealot came up and there was instant disgust with the idea of being a zealot. I decided that I do want to be a zealot. The problem with a zealot is not that you have a consuming passion for a thing that informs and shapes how you act and interact with the world...I think the problem is with what we actually believe. If you believe a thing- believe it, live it out with boldness and courage. The flip side is that what you believe is just as critical as the passion with which you believe it. Not to sound cliche, but Hitler was a zealot. Oh...so was Mother Theresa. Hmmmm...
Nate

Chris said...

Great reminder to live with purpose and not be timid about what we believe. I agree with Nathan The Zealot that what we believe is important...let's not be lukewarm about it.