Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good question


I am writing for the first time since May. I obviously bought into the Seattle area summer mindset - meaning that I completely check out of life during the summer. One of my numerous observations from my first year out here is that everyone checks out of responsibility when the sun is out. I understood why that occurred during the cloudy/rainy months but I did not anticipate it happening ALL summer long.

I have enjoyed making observations like this one during my time here in Maple Valley. I should write about all of them (4th of July insanity, why people move out here, etc.) but I'll have to come back to that another time.

Now to the question of the day. Who am I? That is a question that I know that some are asking in light of the fact that I haven't updated this blog in many months. I also have struggled to find ways to connect with friends in light of a newborn's (now 3 months) arrival (Carys) and the constant learning in my position at Maple Valley Presbyterian. I am still learning how to live post-seminary and post-technology.

You will know if I am in a better groove once I start updating this blog consistently again because I definitely still have many many many "thoughts as I go" about life and faith...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. I look forward to more of your thoughts. Let's get the girls together on Skype soon!

Troy

Unknown said...

just keep it flowing dude, sometimes it's crap, sometimes you don't want to post, but as long as you keep it "clean" - posting junk is no big deal. Then you get those nuggets and you say "this is why I blog" - or better yet "this is why I read Jeff's blog!"

Kinda like golf...