Tuesday, May 27, 2008

7 Years


Today, Laurie and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary. 7 years ago, our wedding ceremony took place at McLean Presbyterian Church about 10 miles outside of Washington D.C. She was working for Chuck Colson at Prison Fellowship Ministries and I had just started working at a software startup company called Intersect Software. We started our life together in Leesburg, VA.

We watched a video that our friends took when we first got engaged and then our rehearsal dinner. I was amazed at how much has changed since 2000-2001 (hair?) but also how much has remained the same. Over and over, I heard laughter (hence, the picture at the beginning of this post) in the background of all the gatherings that were captured on video tape. These gatherings included the sharing of story after story after story regarding the memories of close friends and family.

Laurie and I have shared a lot of laughter throughout our 7 years of marriage. We are now sharing that laughter with our two (soon to be three) girls. We are gaining more and more opportunities to share that laughter with our new friends here in Maple Valley and I am looking forward to the years ahead both here and wherever God takes us in the future.

7 years... my friends stole my underwear from my suitcase at this exact moment 7 years ago on May 26th, 2001. I still have plans for them...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You had a beautiful rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony. All of the stories and the songs sung at the rehearsal made it a special evening. It is hard to believe that it has been 7 years, 3 children, and a Masters degree since then. Congratulations to you and Laurie.