Thursday, February 22, 2007

Three words...


Tonight, I turned around and looked at Avery. She looked back at me and mouthed three sounds that sounded like "I love you." She then blew me a few kisses. I was absolutely floored. She has never done anything like that before. She has smiled, she has hugged me but she has never voiced "I love you."

I have probably told her 3940830948 times that I love her. For her to initiate the same words back to me was nothing short of pure love. I guess this is a small sample of what God must feel when we express our love back to him.

When is the last time you expressed your love for God? When is the last time you simply said "I love you" to God?

This reflection may not be what I talk about at seminary every day but the profound truth behind this experience outweighs all the volumes of books that I have read and more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's really cool... Brennan says "nana" and "ap" for banana & apple. Not quite to the "I love you" stage.

But 1 question - what's with the floor in that pic? Is it just an optical illusion or is it really, completely bumpy?