Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Taunting...

One of my favorite moments during the day is when my cell phone rings and I get taunted by a friend. Oftentimes, a friend from Virginia will call to remind me that Virginia Tech is superior in some fashion to UVA. I have some other friends who like to remind me of how the New York Mets are not a real baseball team. I have others who like to simply take jabs at me. The list of friends who call me like this isn't large but I can count on numerous calls throughout the week.

Today, I received that type of phone call from a different person. This person happened to be from a potential church where I may be called to serve. He decided to call me in order to taunt me about the weather that we are experiencing here in Princeton, NJ (cold, icy, ridiculous) as opposed to his location. I never would have thought to put "phone taunting" on my list of desired aspects in a church but I now have that on my list!

3 comments:

wes said...

FYI:
When initiating a phone taunt during a class, do not whisper "hey watch me trick wes" and start giggling, so that I may hear you.

Glad to know there may be a community like you out there.

Unknown said...

do they know about your blog? Just curious...

jlee said...

I don't know if they know about it...